InPower Insights Newsletter
Subscribe to receive an InPower Insight in your email box every Monday morning.
Here’s What You Get
Every Monday morning you’ll get a quick – to the point – email. It will only take you a minute to read, but it’s insight will stick with you for the whole week. Here’s what’s included each week (view back issues here):
- Reflections on what it means to be IN Power, distilled down into something you can DO
- Mastery Statement for this week’s Insight to help you bring it into your daily life
- Invitation to share your insights on related discussions
- Surfing links to explore the Insight more deeply
- For a short time only: Complimentary eGuide Management By Intention as a thank you!
- A free copy of the results for Why is it So Hard To Speak Truth to Power survey when it’s published in September, 2011.
InPower Insights: a bite-sized way to explore your own leadership power to BE the change you wish to see in the world.
What is InPower?
I believe being InPower means managing your life and your work so the following are true:
- Changing the world while reducing your stress!
- Dealing with what shows up without wasting energy on judgment, attachment and fear.
- Learning to manage energy (yours and your teams’) instead of managing your time.
- Negotiating every relationship to your mutual benefit.
- Mastering leadership communication and enrolling others in your cause.
- Defining success for yourself on your own terms.
- Tapping more deeply into your purpose here on earth.
- Creating the culture around us merely by being in it.
Every one of us can access more InPower than we do today, and to lead effectively we must also master our ability to help others own their power to be a cause to great change in the world. There’s only one problem – the rest of the world seems to conspire to make it hard. Once we really tap into our own power, this gets easier, but it’s still nice to have a friend cheering us on and helping us along. The InPower Insights Newsletter is that friend. Once a week you’ll get a little reminder, a question and Mastery Statement to work with in the week ahead to help you access a little more of the power inside you.
To be InPower is to be guided in your daily life and through the arc of your professional career by your own inner wisdom instead of by the litany of insecure feelings and habits we all have. InPower Leaders help others tap into personal and group wisdom as well. InPower Insights reinforces your inner voice of wisdom, giving you new tools and ways to access it in guiding your life, your work and the groups of people that are instrumental to your success.
Mastering our internal power to lead change in the world is a lifelong – and sometimes lonely – journey, so why not sign up a companion along the way?
No one’s going to “fix the system” for us so that we get the power and recognition we want to change the world. It’s up to us. And the good news is that we carry all the power we need right inside us. All we have to do is learn to access it – to BE it and BE in our power.
But what does this look like? What does it feel like?
I started the InPower Project to explore what this powerful but elusive concept really looks like in the real world. I invite you to share your stories on the InPower Project blog post. I commit to reflecting back this dialog on the blog and in this newsletter, in actionable ways.
Subscribe to the InPower Insights Newsletter for weekly – actionable – ways you can claim some of your personal power, the kind NO ONE can ever take away from you.